In addition to the Colorado Council of Camera Clubs Competitions, the Lone Tree Photo Club is now competing in the Photographic Society of America, PSA, Club competitions. As a current member you are eligible to compete at the club level with other great camera clubs around the world.
The next competitions will start up in October, so start thinking about some images for these categories. When you are out shooting, or even processing and printing, think about the 12 Elements of a Great Image
In the PSA competitions there are many categories to choose from:
- Projected Image Division – Anything goes as long as it is digital
- Projected Image Division Creative – Put those amazing photoshop skills to the test
- Nature Division – Just pure Nature in all its glory
- Photojournalism – General or Human Interest
- Photo Travel – Get out much?
- Pictorial Print – Large and Small prints from Color, Mono, and Creative
You might ask, why should I enter a competition? While we have many talented members in the club, you can vastly increase the number of folks who will have constructive criticism. While I’m sure all of us have friends and relatives that tell us that our work is fantastic, it really does help to have someone who is passionate about the work we produce make suggestions.